Are you thinking of buying a new baby carrier in Malaysia for your little one? Buying a reliable carrier is a good for emergencies, but you may want to consider swaddling your child, instead of always putting her in a carrier.
Swaddling is an old technique for wrapping infants in a thin cloth or blanket. It helps babies sleep more soundly, and stay calm.
- Swaddling helps your child feel secure and safe as she adjusts to her new life outside the womb.
- Swaddling helps prevent the child from flailing her legs and arms.
- Swaddling can keep your little one warm and cozy.
- Swaddling helps a baby sleep better.
Swaddling safety tips
- Keep the child cool.
Do you know that swaddling may cause overheating? This can increase the risk of SIDS, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Make sure that the room has a comfortable temperature. Flushed cheeks, damp hair, sweating and rapid breathing are signs that the child is too hot.
- Know when to stop swaddling at the most appropriate time.
Once your child starts to role, and starts to become more active, it’s time to say goodbye to a swaddle blanket.
- Swaddle safely.
Safe swaddling can encourage your little one to sleep more soundly, giving you peace of mind.